Important info before a translationTo translate foreign works into another language is an important work. There are many factors to consider before a translation can be approved for use.
A great translation should, among other things be true to the original lyrics, rendering a good theology and contain a smooth and singable language. A bad translation falls quickly into oblivion but a good translation can give a song a whole new life
- It is free for anyone to translate a work, but first make sure there isn't already an approved translation of the song that you want to translate
- It is not allowed to use a translation without the approval of the songs owner/publisher.
Do you want to translate a work?If you would like to submit a translation process to go as follows:
- Download our simple Translation template (Microsoft Excel document).
- Name the file after the original title + the language of the translation.
Example: Mighty to save-Swedish/Swedish.
- Write original text in column A, your translation in column B and a Word-to-Word translation back into English in column C.
- Email the document to email@example.com.
A tip!A good translation is taking its time of crafting and several people are often involved in the process. A recommendation is to let outsiders review your translation before you forward it for approval. Like a Bible literate person eg. a pastor/priest or theologian who can do an initial review. This is not a requirement from our side but a warm recommendation.
Good luck with your work and thanks in advance for the patience!